Wednesday, August 4, 2010

business card

I was recently browsing the craigslist art listings for my area to find out if there were any local shows I could be in/peruse and found a free booth space to sell work at a fundraising event. Of course I jumped at the opportunity and nabbed the spot.

I love that it's a combination of local music and art. Supporting all kinds of local art is important to me and this is the perfect venue for that. If you're in town you should definitely stop by, I'm sure it will be a fun time!

With the decision to take the booth space, my mind has been racing with more accessible ways to sell my work. So along with my growing lists of projects, I've added tote bags, t-shirts, and other fun things to the list of things to print. Luckily no design is too many, and I adore having this much art to mull over. But of course, in true Katy fashion, no project is too many, and I decided to make my very first business card. I'm not exaggerating when I say I had a ridiculous amount of fun making this thing. I did a search for business cards to get ideas and saw some amazingly clever and beautifully crafted cards like these from creative bits:

These cards are like mini pieces of art, and while I lack the funds to do something quite so nice, they definitely inspired me in working on my own business card. So now I'm anxiously waiting to get my card in the mail (oh please oh please oh please let them look right!!). And for a little sneak peak, here's the front:

No comments:

Post a Comment