Wednesday, August 11, 2010

edit

My business cards came in the mail today.

The cut isn't quite right on them and it's going to take a little repair on my part, but the image quality is pretty nice, and honestly, for the price I can't complain. Next time I'll just be sure to make a card not so dependent on extremely precise placement. That or find an awesome local printer which I probably should've done from the beginning.

As far as my little personal studio goes, everything's slowly falling into place. I just got paid for some print sales in May so I finally had cash to buy emulsion, stencil remover, ink and all that good stuff. Every time I think I've got everything I need I remember 3 more things. Like today for example, I started to make a list that started with modest things like a spray bottle and a scrub brush and eventually ended with 2 different sizes of squeegees, safelight bulbs, and a scoop coater. It sucks to have to totally blow a check as soon as you get it, but I know it'll pay off in the long run. Gotta spend money to make money, right? Right!?!

I'm getting excited about the prospect of finally getting some stuff up on etsy. I've got some fun ideas floating around in my head and hope to expand beyond just fine art prints, though that will probably always be my focus. Till I get to produce some new work, here is a print I finished late May when I still had a studio to work in.


Of course since I'm not able to make anything new (non digital anyway) I've been fixating on "mistakes" in the old stuff. This print was tricky to do with all the black and pretty small at 11" x 15." I'm pretty attached to the image and I think I can do it better so I'm considering redoing it as a full size print.

No comments:

Post a Comment