Tuesday, August 17, 2010

jason munn

Tomorrow is my birthday, but since I'm going to be spending it with my friends, my family decided to celebrate tonight. I'm making a post about it so I can discuss an amazing gift I got from my brother, "The Small Stakes: Music Posters" by Jason Munn.

I've always been a huge admirer of Munn's work. The images are simply yet brilliantly designed, it's truly amazing how dynamic his images are while using, for the most part, only two colors.

You can't look at a Munn print without knowing it's him. His subdued color use, simple compositions, and graphic lines are so distinctive. Every new page delights my eyes and makes me excited about great modern design. Not only is the content fantastic, but the printing quality of these books is rich and crisp and metallic details are included throughout. Basically, this book is an absolute treasure and I am more than delighted to add it to my growing collection.

If you want to own one, visit his shop. The book's a steal at 25 bucks, and check out his posters while you're there, also only 25 a pop! (I might have to buy myself a birthday present...)

No comments:

Post a Comment